You have to get permission from the head teacher if you want to take your child out of school during term time.
You can only do this if:
- you make an application to the head teacher in advance (as a parent or carer the child normally lives with)
- there are exceptional circumstances
- The application forms are available in the school office.
- It’s up to the head teacher how many days your child can be away from school if leave is granted.
- You can be fined for taking your child on holiday during term time without the school’s permission.